This October 2016 market report from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation asserts that that Australian Universities are facing rapidly increasing energy costs when they could be reducing energy consumption with clean energy technologies.
Highlights from the report include:
- Using debt to fund clean energy projects can make economic and environmental sense for Australia’s universities
- Universities consume large and growing amounts of energy
- There are many opportunities for universities to implement clean energy technologies
- The university sector has scope to use debt to invest in clean energy
- The CEFC has tailored finance to suit universities’ needs