By: greenbank On: February 01, 2016 In: Comments: 0

The UK Green Investment Bank Offshore Wind Fund and associated parallel funds (the Fund) and funds managed by BlackRock acquired GLID Wind Farms TopCo Limited (GLID) from Centrica and EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG) in a transaction worth GB£423 million. As a result of the deal, the Fund owns a 61% stake in the 194 MW, 54 turbine Lynn and Inner Dowsing offshore wind farms, located off the coast of Lincolnshire. The BlackRock-managed funds own the remaining 39% of the projects. The transaction marks the first time that operating offshore wind farms in the UK have been 100% owned by non-utility investors.

Trackback URL: